Calling is one of the most important and most essential function you can do with your smartphone. It is how we communicate with the people who matter to us. However, there are still some instances that we are experiencing technical difficulties when we are trying to make a call, or even in a middle of a conversation. We are going to identify the problems, and give you steps on how to resolve them.
How to Fix Call Issues on Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
Check Flight Mode
Sometimes, we tend to make a rookie mistake by unintentionally turning on Flight Mode. It is meant to kill our signal, so that it doesn’t transmit any frequencies. It is called Airplane mode, because you are not allowed to use any signal transmitting device inside the aircraft.
- While you are in your home page, swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notifications panel.
- Go to the settings menu.
- You will see an icon like an airplane, tap on it to turn it off if it is highlighted.
- You should see your signal go back after disabling it.
Changing the Network Mode
If the network is unresponsive, consider switching your network mode. It will also access your network carrier automatically after doing the procedure.
- While you are in your homepage, swipe down from the top of the screen to access your notifications panel.
- Tap on the settings to access the settings menu.
- Choose Mobile Networks, and choose the network mode.
- Choose the second option (WCDMA/GSM).
Just check the signal bars if there are any. You won’t be able to make a call or connect a call properly if you don’t signals showing up on your phone. There could also be an signal outage in your area, and if that is the case, just be patient with it.