One of the things that are useful or what we look for when we are out is Internet Connection. If we don’t have Mobile Network Data in our plan, it is a convenience for us to check and catch up to other people if there is WIFI.
If you are with friends, and you’re the only one with Mobile Network Data, you can actually share it among them. You, then, become a “Hotspot” and you can tell them the password, so that they are able to share your data with you.
Many devices have the same feature, and we can tell you the easy procedure on how to enable your Hotspot in your Samsung Note 8.
How to Set Up and Use Wifi Hotspot on Note 8:
- You will start by going to your home screen.
- Tap on the Applications Icon, and choose settings.
- There will be choices, and one of them is, “ Mobile Hotspot and Tethering”. Select that option.
- Select Mobile Hotspot. There is also USB Tethering which is applicable for PC.
- A window will open, and tap on the status bar and select ON.
- Go to the top of the screen and select MORE.
- A context menu will pop up, then select Configure Mobile Hotspot.
- You will then create your own Hotspot Name.
- If you want it exclusive, you may opt to choose and make a password for it.
- Save the changes after you are done configuring it.
If you have another device with you, you can test it out and see if it works.
To Connect to a Hotspot:
- Go to your network settings and turn on the WIFI.
- Choose the name of your hotspot, and if you entered a password, input it there.
- You should be connected shortly.
Now you are ready to Hotspot with your family and friends if they are in need.