In any phone that you have, there are already setup default ringtones that are made by the manufacturer. For the S8 and S8 plus, there are great tunes installed to use as ringtones and the quality is impressive. For some instance, you might find the ringtones too simple for you that you want to use something else for it. You can actually make your favorite song your ringtone and it is not that hard to do so.
If you want to use the MP3 file as your ringtone then just simply go to google music and select on the song that you want to. Then, you can set that song as a ringtone or even an alarm.
There is also another way that you can access your SD Card and get the tunes from there. It is a more practical method since the SD Card is accessible through any medium. You can put files in your SD Card, and you can select the tunes to make it as a ringtone. Just follow the simple steps that I will provide for you.
How To Add & Use Third Party Ringtones On Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus & S9 / S9 Plus:
- Mount your SD card in your smartphone.
- After mounting it, connect your phone to the desktop via USB cable.
- Then, you will go to the SD card root directory.
- You will be directed to a new window and create a new folder and name it as “Notifications and Ringtones”.
- You can move your sound files in the folder you just created.
- Then, proceed to the settings menu in your phone and select Sounds.
- Lastly, just select the song you want and set it as a ringtone.
Just repeat these steps if you want to add more tunes in the and select more ringtones.